Tuesday, August 04, 2015

This Week's Goals

Saturday turned out to be a great day for a reboot. 

We had 3 crock pots going at once, 5 loaves of bread baking, and muffins for Sunday morning.  In addition to that, I even came up with a menu.  Wonder of wonders! 

In the meantime, Honey had the boys washing windows and doing outside chores.  I can't even tell you what a difference the clean windows make.  I had no idea they were so disgusting. 

Yesterday, Laney and I spent the whole morning in town shopping.  We did the huge grocery haul and finished the back-to-school shopping.  So now  I have a plan AND I have groceries.  That simple thing has given me such peace. 

I also came up with some goals for the week....

~Fire drill.  One of my foster care requirements that I haven't done in 3 months.
~School lunches
~Swimming! This is the free time activity I've chosen for everyone for the whole month of August.  After swim season, they can choose their own.
~Work on some school stuff.  Our back-to-school party is Friday!
~Teach Zeke to care for the roses as one of his new chores.
~Write notes to both my babies' moms telling them how their baby is doing. 
~Finish reading aloud Trumpet Of The Swan and pick our next book.
~Tea party during read aloud time Friday
~Pick Sharon's garden while she's on vacation.
~Baby visits Tuesday and Friday

And here's our 2 week menu...

BLTs with potato salad
Crockpot chili dogs
Beef stew with cheese toast
Tuna melts with apple salad
Pizza Pockets - a new recipe we will try out for the college kids' lunches
Crockpot Ziti
Meatball Sandwiches
Smothered Chicken with rice
Big salads with chicken
Tomato soup with cheese toast
Black Bean enchiladas with rice
2 date nights
Tacos on Sundays

Other stuff: energy bites, chocolate smoothies, watermelon, morning glory muffins, carrot cake

Almost everything is a crock pot meal on this menu.  August is just like that!!





No comments: