Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Little Bit Of Lately

I took an unintentional break from blogging but now I'm back!  Unfortunately the blog tends to be the low hanging fruit when life gets hectic.  And I hate that because it's a good way for me to record life and unpack my thoughts.  But sometimes you just gotta be living life instead of blogging about it I guess.  

Anyway.  

The pool has been FUN.  And since we drained the water and started over, it has also been a breeze to maintain.  

Pool games!  They look like synchronized swimmers! 

And just take a look at the prettiness!! 

We didn't harvest much but I needed to make some space for the fall.  So we took four shallow frames and I got to work with the uncapping fork for the first time.  I loved it.  


I also had the opportunity to help a friend with her bees.  She had caught a swarm and just put it into some mismatched equipment and walked away for about 2 years.  It was a fantastic experience to dig into it and see some things that were completely different from my hives.  We harvested some and tried to replace it with some better equipment.  









See the darker honey in the quart jars?  That's some of hers.  Different bees.  Different place.  Different flowers.  Different honey.  So neat! 

The Friday before school started this girl got some wisdom teeth taken out.  
She did great and is pretty much back to normal.  That's a good thing because school has started back strong and my kids are busy with another semester.  





































Days before my birthday, Nathan was telling me how special his present was.  It was soooo pretty and I was going to love it.  He was super excited to give it to me.






































He was right.  I couldn't love it more.
But then I wondered what I could use such a fancy notebook for.  I certainly didn't wanna just use it as an ordinary planner.  I wanted to find a special purpose for it and I wanted to remember his sweetness every time I opened it.

So I decided to use it to record LOVE moments in the day.  I'm calling it my LOVE project.  I think back on the day and the small and precious moments with my kids that I'm likely to forget.  Like this....



The way he belly laughs with total abandonment while kitties crawl over him!!  Swoon!!
And when Joshua trusted us enough with a confession of his heart then ended it with hugging me LONG and TIGHT.  I want to look for the good and not forget it.  It's easy to see the frustrating and irritating and the work of it all.   But I want to look for these moments, treasure them, and focus on all the reasons that I'm crazy in love with these kids.  .....and my man.

You may have guessed.  FOOTBALL is here!!  



I won't bore you so early in the season, but suffice it to say we are excited to have 2 boys playing this year!  Tiger Football....BRING IT.

No comments: