Saturday, August 01, 2015

Life Reboot

A new month!

This summer is flying by and is almost over.  School starts around here in only 16 more days.  That's just 2 weeks!!  My teenagers will be driving off for another semester of college.  LB will start new concurrent classes at CHS.  And my boys will start football.  Sixteen More Days.....sigh.....

Our official start day for our home school is still up in the air.  We took off the month of July for speed camp.  Monday we will start back up with math, Bible, spelling, and some more basics as well as piano.  This year, I have private teachers for civics, writing, and science but those won't begin until September.  I still have some details to iron out before our big back to school party.

These last couple of weeks have been challenging weeks with our BlueEyes.  He's testing boundaries, cutting molars, and making Momma crazy.  But he's also talking like crazy, signing lots of words, and has his precious moments.  I feel like I'm just barely keeping my head above water and everything has gone by the wayside.  My days are spent making bottles, changing diapers, and hovering over a little boy standing in the corner.  Again.

And I will confess right now that my reactions have not been the best.  There's been lots of tears, Lots of rants. And lots of "checking out".   But I will also say that I love it.  I love him.  I love them.  And I am so glad this hard and crazy life is mine and I get to be the momma.

BUT.  Some things need to change.  I need to step up my game to meet this challenge.  I need to reboot life this weekend.  I need a menu, a grocery list, a chores list, and a plan of attack.  I need to shop, cook, and clean out the fridge.  I need to make a lot of salads, drink water, exercise, and read my Bible.

I got up this morning with my sweet baby, fed him, changed him, and put him in his bed.  Then I STAYED UP (!) and started working on some goals.  I read my Bible, jotted down a Verse to memorize this week, and made a plan on the white board.



I feel better already!  It's amazing how being up first sets the whole morning right.  I don't feel like I'm at the mercy of every body's "urgent" needs.

So I'm ready.

New Month.  New Plan.
BRING IT.  

No comments: