Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Juiced Up

I've been putting our juicer to good use lately...


This was today's version: 

celery
carrot
greens
lime
apple
orange 

I have to admit it can be a pain with all the prep.  And some days,  a lot of days most days I'm too lazy to do it.  But when I do I'm always glad.  The chickens are happy too because it makes for some yummy scraps for them.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love to juice but hate the prep and clean up. I found a great idea online that has worked well for us.

I bought a box of those bread bags from Walmart and I opened up 10 of them like bowls on my counter. Then I chopped all the veggies and fruit I want in them and add them to each bag. I tie a knot in each bag and throw them in the freezer. Each morning I take a bag out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter for 15 or 20 minutes. Then I toss it all in our Ninja with some water or juice or whey (I make from draining yogurt) and blend it all up. It makes enough for 2 people. I made separate bags for the kids (more fruit, a little less green). It has been much easier then chopping a bunch of fruit and veggies every morning!

Gaylene

TaggTroop said...

That's a great idea! Can you do that with a juicer too? Is your Ninja a juicer or a blender?

Anonymous said...

My Ninja is more of a blender but I have a juicer. I prefer the Ninja because I get all the pulp with it. So, for a juicer I would just make sure I core the apples and trim strawberries, etc. In my juicer I have to put food in the machine in a certain order so it isn't as easy as just dumping it all in with the liquid.

Gaylene