Even our New Fire verse is Romans 12:9-12 and talks about outdoing one another in brotherly affection. I think God is telling me something here!
I love Edie's post on How To Find God's Will For Your Life. I think I should read it every single day until I have it memorized!
And here's my favorite part:
God’s will is for you to be saved. He has made every provision for that salvation Himself. He has given you everything you need in Jesus’ perfect life, death, and resurrection. You don’t need to do ANYthing to please Him or find Him or discern His will. He is pleased with Jesus and sees you as one redeemed by Christ.
He has placed you in various stations in life and called you to serve your neighbor, since all of YOUR needs have already been met in Him. He has gifted you in certain ways, so that you may serve your neighbor and meet his needs. And the beautiful kicker is this—God hides Himself in your vocation, so that all the service you render to your neighbor, is sacred, because it is, in reality, GOD at work through you, meeting the needs of the neighbor.
See what I mean?
My new Kindle book is also fantastic. Living In Light of Eternity. It's not free anymore, but it is super cheap anyway. KP Yohannan discusses how to live your life with a Kingdom purpose right where you are.
When Jesus called James and John in Matthew 1:16-20, He basically said, "You can waste your life catching fish all day, or you can follow Me and be fishers of men."
They were still fishermen. But now they had a Kingdom purpose.
God has put us here to accomplish His will in this generation. I don't want to waste it by going my own way, living my life selfishly and being a slave to my own emotions and view points. My emotions and intellect can be overcome with deception. So I need to stay in the Word.
I also want to be intentional in the way I love others. The very nature of agape love in the NT is a love that is demonstrative. It is a love that is shown. And that takes thought, prayer, and effort.
And here is a most perfect example played out in the life of a 9 year old.
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:27
No comments:
Post a Comment