Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Cleaning Out

My good friend Dana moved away and gave us a set of bunk beds.  Our boys were happy to replace their squeaky metal ones.

But then.  

As it turns out, when you get new beds you have to take the other beds out.  And EWWWWW.....why did they keep all that junk under there!?  Y'all, it was bad.  So Laney and I went to work with a trash bag, vacuum, and magic eraser.  

After a few minutes it looked worlds better.  But I couldn't bring in new beds to only one clean spot in the room.  No.  So we grabbed more trash bags while Honey kept the boys occupied in the living room.  We went through the closet, drawers, behind the dressers, shoes, shelves, and under the other beds,   When we were done hours later, the room looked fantastic!  

See?




I was thrilled not only with how great it looked, but also because we got rid of so much junk that it would nearly be impossible for it to get that messy again.  I know with 3 boys sharing this space it won't ever be spotless, but it is wonderful for now.

The thing I wasn't expecting was how happy the boys were.  They kept thanking me over and over!

I should've stopped there.  But I was on a roll.

And so was Laney.  She rallied her sisters together and did the same thing to their room the next day. Bags and bags kept coming out and now it is beautiful.

Meanwhile I got to work on some closets and linen storage, games, and books.  I've made huge messes along the way and started too many things at once.  Add to that some after-Christmas mess and holiday laziness and by the end of the day the house looked worse than when I started.  I'm thinking of just camping in the boys' room until somebody cleans it all up.  

All because of a new set of bunk beds.  It's all Dana's fault.  

1 comment:

the momma said...

I always make a huge mess when I clean! Tyler has finally quit trying to figure out why on earth I start my cleaning with cabinets or closets ;-)