Thursday, November 20, 2014

On A Thursday

So I woke up this morning so full of hope because the temperature was supposed to be above 50 degrees outside.  And after a week of the super freeze, 50 sounded like weather that would be glorious.  Also, I did not have to take anybody to school or work until 10:00 so that also meant I could stay in my pajamas a little bit longer.  It's the little things. 

For the past 3 weeks my 5 younger kids have been studying for a spelling bee.  A real live spelling bee that has competition and a prize attached to it.  But it's not only spelling, but definitions too.  And now we are down to the last day.  The spelling bee is TOMORROW!  So I narrowed school down to math, Bible, and spelling.  And then more spelling.  And when you're done with all that, go quiz your brother on his spelling and then study your spelling words a couple more times.  I'm just a teeny bit nervous. 

After I took Lane to work and checked math and gave some spelling quizzes and pulled out a pot of soup that nobody likes and they refuse to eat, I took Joshua to our church's noonday service.  That sounds all fancy but it's not.  It's more like a middle of the week Bible study with friends and a big lunch.  It's something we look forward to all week and a privilege of being COW. 

After lunch, I dropped Joshua off at football and swung by Dana's garage sale only to find that she wasn't there.  So I helped myself to her green candlesticks and left her a text.  Meanwhile, back at home, my kids were working on their extra chore and hoping that someone would accidentally knock that pot of soup into the sink.  By accident of course. 

I got supper started (creamy chicken and rice) and folded 3 loads of laundry while chatting with my sister-in-law.  We covered all sorts of topics including Christmas presents, Dad's health, our son's cars, her sick puppy, and who I need to vote for in the upcoming election.  I was able to squeeze all that in before Josh came home from football and we had to make the trek into town for his ortho appt. 

And you know what?  He gets his braces off in TWO WEEKS!!! 
That is all kinds of exciting. 

Nate came with us because he wanted to do some Christmas shopping and he actually knew what he wanted to buy and had money in hand.  Bonus!   But first we pulled into Savers because Joshua needed football pants, and Nate and Z needed winter pants too.  11 pair for $36.  Plus the entire trip took 15 minutes included the time in the dressing room.  15 minutes.  Because boys are all about getting it done when it comes to shopping.  

We made it home before dark.  Dinner ready.  And all my people home except Lane who was (and still is) at work.  We ended the day with boys playing xbox football with their dad while I played and lost an exciting game of Clue to Mally and Zeke.  Then I read a chapter of their Thanksgiving book before bed.  And just when I thought they were not paying attention, Mally set the record straight by telling me they were not called Pilgrims.  They were actually 2 groups and they called themselves Strangers and Separatists. 

So I actually ended my day with a 2nd grade history lesson.

No comments: