Where Have I Been???!!!
I woke up with a determination this morning to catch up on some blogging. It's been way too long because.....
1. Football
2. School
3. The rest of life that happens in between those things.
So let's discuss some football, shall we? Last week was HUGE for jr.high/sr.high football.
Our neighboring town, Booneville, is a 3A school this year which meant we got to play them for the first time in something like 17 years.
Both Booneville and Charleston were undefeated in junior high AND senior high. So yeah, it was a big deal.
The junior high game was in Booneville and my friend Mr. H came to sit with me and cheer on that good looking kicker of mine.
I love this picture. This is my favorite angle.
But I really LOVE this picture. An extra point attempt out of the hold of Mason.
Our boys played a hard game but just couldn't pull off a win against the Bearcats. And this picture is precious. Praying after the game with coaches and team mates. I tell you Charleston has the BEST coaching staff and I'm thrilled that 3 of my boys will benefit from that next year.
The next morning the kids all got a text from their coach telling them that God gave them a new day , that he (Coach S.) loved them, and he would see them at school. Have I mentioned how awesome these coaches are?
And here's a picture of one of my favorite ball boys. He and Jes had a lot of fun doing this for their brother's team.
And then it was Friday night.
You gotta love a town that postpones trick-or-treating festivities for a high school football game.
Both teams undefeated. Big pep rally. Super excited town.
And after last season, I never thought I'd miss a Tiger game. But I'm ashamed to say I didn't make one single game at all. NOT ONE. And I blame it all on little league football because it's CRAZY!!
It has killed most of our family time this whole football season and so we soak up our Friday nights at home.
And we actually thought about missing this one too except somebody asked my man to go special to take pictures, Christian said he COULD NOT miss this, and Mr. Storey let our kids in for free.
So we made a last minute decision (meaning 3:00) and I called my teenagers to hurry to the field to tape down our blankets on the seats to reserve our spot. The stands were full of blankets that were put down days before. Even Booneville's fans drove up to reserve their seats in advance. And of course my favorite spot that's half way up on the 50 was long gone. The best they could do was the first row on the 50 which was plenty good enough at times like this.
I also had Lane drive up an hour and a half early to wait on our seats because OF COURSE!! And even then she had to park at the library because everything was full.
By kick-off time the entire stadium was surrounded. There was not even standing room! And our 50/50 split had an all-time high of over $1000 that was won by a Booneville fan. Meaning it was not me.
Now I've kinda wondered all season if I would really enjoy the game the same way since I didn't have a son on the field. And ....well, it wasn't the same. But it was still the most fun I've had in a long time. Love me some Tiger football!!
Well I'm happy to say that our big boys did awesome and are STILL undefeated. Looks like another state championship in the future and I don't plan to miss it!
By kick-off time the entire stadium was surrounded. There was not even standing room! And our 50/50 split had an all-time high of over $1000 that was won by a Booneville fan. Meaning it was not me.
Now I've kinda wondered all season if I would really enjoy the game the same way since I didn't have a son on the field. And ....well, it wasn't the same. But it was still the most fun I've had in a long time. Love me some Tiger football!!
Well I'm happy to say that our big boys did awesome and are STILL undefeated. Looks like another state championship in the future and I don't plan to miss it!





No comments:
Post a Comment