Sunday, October 19, 2014

Recent Randomness

~First of all, chocolate cake.  I wanted chocolate cake all week but there was no reason/time to make it.  I asked Honey if he thought there would be chocolate cake in Heaven.  He said it wouldn't be much of heaven without it.  I like his thinking.

But finally on Friday I realized something amazing.  WE HAD NOWHERE TO GO!!  And if that's not a reason to break out some chocolate cake nothing is.  I made this recipe from Pinterest and Oh My Word!!  I don't know if it really was incredible or if I just wanted it so much that I imagined the incredibleness....but wow.

~Next up.  2 different friends gave me a jar of their homemade jelly and it has made lunches all the sweeter around here.  My friends are talented.

~Yesterday there were several garage sales in my neighborhood.  Honey, Mally, and I walked the street and hit them all.  We came home with lots of baby gear for our fosters.  A stroller, swing, exersaucer, bumbo, and baby bath.  They are soooo cute and Mally's baby doll has been testing them out ever since.

Tomorrow is our first foster care meeting.  Classes don't start until January but this is the first step and will include our background checks and all.

Also, there has been some great news about Maggie House.  This week the board voted and approved all the money for construction to begin.  So if all goes well, we should have our new children's home next year.



I saw a lot of this all weekend as my man prepared for worship.  I will never get tired of it.  


Baby Girl and I were going to make some candles but we didn't have the right scent to add and it won't be here until Wednesday so we did something different.  We took an old candle that wouldn't light anymore and melted it down in a jar like this.


Then we made 2 new candles out of it.  I was a little concerned that the scent wouldn't be as strong but it seems to be exactly the same.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.  

~I also made toothpaste.  Don't even ask me why.  I guess because I had most of the stuff and I was in a Ma Ingalls mood.  That's the only explanation.  It was a very easy recipe but I didn't have the calcium powder it called for.  I made my own by throwing some calcium tablets into my spice grinder and it worked fine.  The end result was kinda gross though.  I can't say that I'll never make it again because you never know when a snow storm will come up and make it impossible to get to the Dollar General just at the time when you are really hurting for toothpaste.  But until then I'm sticking with the real stuff.  


~Saturday was also pumpkin day.  The kids painted little pumpkins that I don't have pictures of, the bigger boys carved a goofy face into a big pumpkin, and we filled a pie pumpkin with potting soil.  
If the pie pumpkin does what it's supposed to do, then the seeds will sprout and it will have lots of pretty green coming from the top.  

~I am in the middle of the clothes exchange.  It's going slow.  And I'm not enjoying it.  Last week we opened a tub of Jes' clothes to find stuff that I'm sure I have never seen before.  I have no idea who gave those to us but I'm so thankful for them.  Then today a friend at church gave me 2 bags of her daughter's clothes for LB.  I love the generosity of our friends!  

~As I look out my window, I see 5 dogs running, playing, barking, and having the best time.  My next door neighbor's dogs, my two, and Blue are all enjoying the day while my neighbor hits golf balls in my other neighbor's yard.  Blue broke his leg several weeks ago and had surgery.  We haven't seen him in awhile and today his leg looks terrible.  Blue's family has had a rough go at life lately.  Their little boy has a brain tumor and is undergoing chemo.  Please pray for 3 year old Eli.  

And now it's Sunday afternoon and that means only one thing. NAP TIME!  



No comments: