Thursday, September 04, 2014

Too Small To Save Rose In A Fire

The girls and I hit the Savers sale Sunday after church.  

Every time we go, Mally looks at the Barbies hanging in the bags on the wall and is appalled at how they are naked and unkept and nobody takes better care of them.  That would never do in her room.  She is also on the lookout for a Ken.   She has several barbies and barbie kids but no Kens.  

Well this time they thought they hit the jackpot with 2 Kens in the same bag.  Naked of course.  All for only $3.99  I was a little skeptical because these guys had huge muscles and I don't remember Ken frequenting the gym.  They weren't "real" Kens and I didn't think the standard clothes would fit.  

Well there was no way I was taking those ugly dolls home naked so we pulled into Walmart for an outfit.  

Mally picked out a shorts outfit and a formal tux for special parties.  Turns out "Ken's" hands were too big to fit through the sleeves for the tux.  He barely squeezed into the other shirt.  

But.  

We have this rule about boys having to be big enough to be able to save girls in a fire.   It's a practical matter really.  


And as you can see, Barbie ("Rose" actually) is way bigger than Ken.  His shorts are more like capris!  So I'm afraid he didn't pass the fire test and Mally is back to the drawing board.  

The good news is that with the exchange of the fake Kens I was able to get her a pair of pants, her brother a shirt, an index card box for school and got $.81 back in change.  

She wasn't impressed.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How sweet....Made me laugh...Thanks...