One. The fairs are over and I'm glad.
Two. G'ma and G'pa had a huge tree trimmed in their front yard. That meant that we had a clean up party with chain saws and muscles and of course, some food. It looks much nicer but G'ma WAY overpaid her clean up crew when grandsons do that kinda thing for free. I guess that's just the way Grandmas are. But with Christmas coming up, my kiddos are very happy with a little more cash. And Grandma is happy with her "naked" tree.
Three. We have a car in the shop. :-( This was hard today when Lane went to work and forgot that she was taking the only car left in the driveway. Meaning I had no way to take Josh to school for football or to pick LB up later. We are hoping they are finished with it soon...and it's a cheap fix.
Four. Football is crazy. But it's fun. A lot of fun. This week we have at least one out-of-town game. And it looks like Josh will be the next kicker. We like this, because he's one of the smallest guys on the team. Plus, being 8th grade, he actually gets to play quite a bit where others don't. He's following in his brother's footsteps and making almost every field goal and PAT.
Five. We've had lots of eye doctor appts this week. Josh has decided he needs contacts because his sports glasses mess up in his helmet. He is doing great with them! I remember it took me a sweet forever to learn to put them in and take them out. He's gotten the hang of it in no time. Mally is getting some much needed glasses this week. She's thrilled, but it's taken me some time to get used to the idea.
Six. Meg texted to say her work has ice machines that are Sonic style. Life is good.
Seven. When football is over, two of us are going on vacation. Two of us. Not ten.
Eight. I'm fixing to delete my Road To Wellness blog. I don't like talking about RA and I've done this long enough to not need a different way to track anything. But for my last update I will say that I feel A TON better!! Like 94%. And I'm so thankful. So I'm moving on with life and putting that blog to rest.
Nine. I'm working on a new wax melter. The other one didn't work. I kept thinking it would work. It should've worked. Mr. Hardin even said it should work and he pretty much knows everything about this kind of thing. But it didn't. So I let it sit in the yard for a month while I thought it over. Now I have a better idea. Stay tuned...
Ten. We are eating out of the freezer and I'm trying not to spend much on food these next two weeks. So far I've spent $189. I'd like to keep it under the $300 mark which is $250 under budget for 2 weeks. Why do we spend so much money on food? Our "baby" chicks are starting to lay and every egg helps! :-)
Eleven. The ASSA (Arkansas State Soccer Association) accepted our membership application for New Fire Athletic Club. I don't remember exactly why Honey said this was a big deal but my man is thrilled and we are one step closer to soccer in Charleston. Word has gotten around and now strangers are approaching me and asking about it.
Twelve. I've taken a Facebook fast. For over a week now, I've only checked notifications instead of looking over every body's statuses. I also took the app off my phone. So I can only check it on the big computer (which I share with everyone else). This means I have no idea what you had for dinner or how many miles you ran today unless you tag me and it shows up on my notifications. I think I'll keep it this way forever. I love being set free from that distraction.
Twelve. And even though I hate not knowing what you are having for supper, I will share my menu with you.....
Breakfast - cereal and green smoothies
Lunch - bean burritos with chips and salsa
Dinner - sloppy joes and French fries and broccoli
Snack - ice cream! Horray for freezer clean out!
No comments:
Post a Comment