Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Can We Talk About Books?

My Friend, Emily, tagged me in a FB post to list 10 books that were inspirational to me.  It was fun to think about.  So many books!  And to narrow it to only the top 10?  It took some thinking but here's what I came up with....
 
1. the Bible.  Of course!!
 
2.  First We Have Coffee.  I love all Margaret Jensen books, but this is my fave.  It's actually my favorite book of all time and I re-read it all the time.  Every time it is new even though I have a lot of it memorized.  I can't even explain it. 
 
3. Experiencing God.  I first "met" Henry Blackaby as a new believer and this book helped me understand so much that was unclear.  It changed my life in big ways.  Later I got to meet him for real and he signed all my books.  But now one of my pastors worked under the Blackabys in Canada for several years.  I LOVE his preaching.  It's so Blackaby style and I'm just a sponge soaking it in on those Sundays.  I absolutely love it.  And to think God brought him here to me in this little town!!  Pam, I think I really AM God's favorite.  :-)
 
4. My Utmost For His Highest.  My read most mornings for years.  And as the years go by, I'm understanding him a little more. 
 
5. The Hiding Place.  Corrie Ten Boom....oh my goodness.
 
6.  Don't Waste Your Life.  This is how I want to live. 
 
7.  Created To Be His Helpmeet.  Don't throw rotten tomatoes.  I know most people don't like it.  But I do.
 
8.  Little Women.  I can't even watch the movie.  It's like my life.  And I want to read the book again now that my own little women are older but I just don't know if I could handle it.  So Real. 
 
9.  Kisses From Katie.  I think Pam recommended this one to me.  I do believe I could be Katie. 
 
10.  Another Place At The Table.  My first foster care book.  So much to think about. 
 
As I was looking through recent pics on my phone I ran across some more books that I thought I'd talk about for fun. 


Ms. Turner is THE BEST story time teacher ever.  I spend 20 years loving story time with my littles.  This is one of the books she read when Lane was little.  It was her favorite.   We had it checked out all the time.  Now we have our own copy and Lane still loves it.  We all do.  In fact, many of our favorite childrens' books came from Ms. Turner. 



This is what came in the mail for me last week!!  Pam is awesome.  It totally made my day.  And when I posted it on FB, I immediately had comments about how everyone loves these books.  I'd never heard of them.  Where have I been?  I'm eager to start. 

 
 
The newbie.  And I can't put it down.  I think I would add this as #11 on the list.  It's everything that Misty and Honey have been trying to drill into my head but I wouldn't listen.  But now it's starting to make sense. 
 
 
 
 

No comments: