One~ I had some friends over today to visit and to watch my mother-in-law make kimchi. It's been something I've wanted to do before school officially started for everyone. Now I don't like kimchi. Not at all. But it's fun to watch her work in the kitchen. And she has this gift of making a big batch of anything with hardly any mess. I do not have that gift.
Two~ We are taking pizza to the in-laws for dinner tonight. NOT homemade pizza either! It's Tate's last night before flying back to AZ. We're going to miss him.
Three~ For the first time in forever I'm excited about starting a new school year. EXCITED I tell ya! And truth be known, I'm always excited about the party but not about the work that lies ahead. This year it's both. I think the kids will really enjoy the new structure of school.
Four~ We are saving up for another car. We have more drivers all needing to go in different directions. Honey is selling his motorcycle and we are used car shopping and saving. It has really sparked my interest in money management. For 26 years Honey has taken care of all things money. And he's done a great job. But now I'd like to help out a bit.
Five~ Mally learned to ripstick! She's so happy.
Six~ I bought some curtains at Savers during the 50% sale. I like the color and design but they were not even close to the right length. So I pinned them up and played with them until I got them to a place that looked good. I left them like that for Tracy to see and to ask about how to sew them. I can barely sew a stitch and wasn't looking forward to this part. But Tracy showed me how to pin them a different way that I didn't need to sew!! Happy!
Seven~ It's July and I'm wearing a light jacket and drinking hot chocolate. Oh I'm in love! And tomorrow morning I will need to check our bees and I won't have a heat stroke in the bee gear. These cooler temps make me ready for some Tiger football!
Eight~ We are months and months away from opening our home for foster care. But I am working toward getting some things we'll need for our home study. We have a new fire extinguisher and a trash can with a lid. We also have a crib in our room for our foster babies. I was needing to buy one at some point, but Dana gave me hers. I'm still needing a mattress and hope to find one at GKS this fall.
Nine~ I think this could be labeled Most Boring Post Ever. Maybe it's because we are in between ball seasons. But it pretty much sums up life at this point. And sometimes boring is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment