Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Little Bit Of Lately

~I had a huge day of errands and appts one day this week.  And when I found myself with an excuse to pop into Hobby Lobby, I was thrilled.

Hobby Lobby ALONE!!  

Do you need a moment to appreciate that?  Because I can tell you it's never happened before and will likely never happen again.  But this time, a sheer miracle found me browsing the fancy delicate beautifulness without me directing a line of children to not sit on anything, lean against the shelves, and to walk with their hands behind their backs.  

The clearance aisle was full of fun.  And there were these wooden swirly monogram letters like you can hang on your front door.  For 80% off!!  So I dug through the Ps and Ys and Zs and finally found something that might be a T.  But it was hard to tell with all that swirlyness going on.  So I asked the lady on the aisle with me if she thought it was a T.  She took off her glasses, backed up, studied it, and told me to turn it upside down.  It was iffy.  And we couldn't be sure.... but it just might be a T.  But finally I decided that if it took that much imagination to figure it out, my guests coming to the front door would have no idea what it was supposed to be.  So I left it there.  

But there was a very pretty picture that I loved just across the way and I knew just where I would hang it.  

And isn't it lovely?  But my walls aren't really that color.  

Unfortunately I can't do anything about the smoke alarm or thermostat.  But that unsightly switch plate with the mountain home scene etched into it will have to go.  

~My kids have 3 more days of speed camp next week.  After that it's the big back-to-school party!!  And I'm so eager to get started with our new stuff and new schedule before our lives get busier with little foster babies.  

~AND, the crews are here this week making the final plans for the new childrens' home, Maggie House.  They have a nice construction budget and it will house 30 boys and 30 girls.  It will be open in February.  THIS February!!    We are beyond excited.  

~We got another piece of good news this week with an email awarding Laney a college scholarship we didn't expect.  I know!!  So her plans have changed a bit and she is adding more classes and shopping for books.  I'm so happy for her.  And very grateful.

~Remember Blue?  My neighbor's dog.


Well Blue hasn't been here all week.  And we can only assume that my neighbor finally found some combination of devices to keep Blue in his own yard.  Since it took us approximately 5 minutes to fall head over heels for this pup, we are contemplating how to break him out without being caught.

~One more thing.   This recipe!!  We love it.  Except we don't know Molly.  And we don't know anybody else named Molly.  So it's needing a new name.





No comments: