Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Some Big News and Other Stuff That's Not So Big

I love this life I have.  Seriously.

Last week I got to see a whole bunch of cutie pies at our church's VBS.   I helped with snacks while Christian and Josh ran games and Lane helped with the preK.   Fun stuff.

But.  My other church's VBS is going on right now and it's SOOOO hard to stay away!  There are old friends that have come back plus my own Awana peeps.  I miss them....a LOT.

Look at my garden goodness!  We also have lettuce, basil, kale, and some green tomatoes.  I don't have high hopes for my tomatoes this year.  After we had them all planted, I read that the variety we picked is a stingy producer.  Grrrrrr.......  And sure enough they are slow going.

We added some guinea chicks to the mix.  We have already lost 1/2 the population because KORRIE.
This farm life is expensive.

We've been spending a good deal of time at the ball fields.  The baseball season is nearly over but it's been a blast.  We bring snacks and water and lawn chairs and take pictures and visit and yell and clap.  My kids bring a soccer ball and play with anyone else who has to be there because their brother has a game.  Jess had a great time with this baby girl last night.  Isn't she the sweetest?


Date night this week and we tried a new pizza place, looked in the window at the pawn shop that was closed, and came home and watched Carol Burnett.

So you are all caught up now and are you ready for some big news?

BIG NEWS!!!

This summer we are starting foster parent training!!  I am beyond excited.  I've been wanting to do this FOREVER!!  My mind is swirling thinking of a million things.

My first priority right now is getting our school plans in place for the fall.  I'm using some new stuff, learning different curriculum, and working on a schedule.

In the meantime, I'm reading books, thinking about what I need to do to my house, and hoping to start paperwork next week.  I'm also praying now for whoever will come and stay with us for awhile.  EXCITED!!

1 comment:

Pam H said...

Hooray!