Saturday, June 07, 2014

Every Knee Every Tongue

One of my goals for 2014 was to memorize the whole book of Philippians.

I am nowhere close!  And here the year is half over already!  But I do read and re-read those 4 chapters all the time.  Sometimes in my Bible, sometimes on my phone, and sometimes I listen to it as I'm getting dressed in the bathroom.

This week I've been stopped by Philippians 2:10-11... "at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

It will happen.  Someday.  Every single person.  But the question is, will it be too late?  Will Jesus look into the face of someone I love and say, "Depart from me, I never knew you"?

I've been praying for my family, my friends, my church, my Awana kids, anybody at all....even people at the grocery store that God will bring them to the place of bowing and confessing.

And if you are questioning, if you are struggling, if you are doubting this whole Christian thing...know that I am fighting for you on this side of heaven.  I don't want anybody I love to be lost.

No comments: