Well the senior mom dance was funner than I thought. Did you see it on FB? No? Because that's perfectly fine by me.
It started with the kissing game where they blindfolded the boys and told them a cheerleader was gonna kiss them on the cheek and they had to guess which one. At that point our 12yo decided he was done with football. Turns out the kisses were from mom and they all said they knew it all along. Yeah sure.
It was a fun night of getting to know the moms a little better and talk about the upcoming game. 2 more sleeps in case you lost count.
This morning our boy headed out early to Mr Smokey's house. Mr Smokey has a grandson on the team and all year he has cooked breakfast for all the senior football players on Friday mornings.
This morning is the last breakfast.
This game is the last game.
And I am so full of gratefulness for this opportunity.
Thankful that my neighbor saw him kicking soccer balls and started the whole thing. Thankful that the superintendent, principal, and coach thought he was worth their time and effort. Thankful for the friendships and the way they made him feel welcome and wanted.
Thankful for every Friday night warm/dry/cold/freezing/wet game I had the privilege to watch. Thankful for free passes for the younger kids. Thankful to Mr Smokey. And thankful for this town.
GO TIGERS!!


1 comment:
Hey, I have a quick question I wanted to ask you about your blog, do you think you could send me an email when you get this? Thanks!
Tiffany
tpham(at)dropcam(dot)com
Post a Comment