Her birthday was Friday but we celebrated on Saturday since Daddy and Lane would be home all day and there was no football. It was a fun day of presents, and playing, and eating lunch out.
Her birthday meals were impressive. I've had years of eight year old birthdays that included mac and cheese and frozen pizza. But this girl was a bit more refined in her menu and chose oven fried chicken and Doritos.
One of the best parts of her day was promoting to blue belt in TaeKwonDo. While she's not as fierce as her siblings, she is considered a high rank now and so just maybe will add some power behind her
Meg spent the day with us and took her home to spend the night.
~Ms. Marianne gave me a new recipe that I tried this week. I wanted to show you a Pinterest pin that was similar but, alas, Pinterest is uncooperative this morning. It involved chicken, potatoes, and green beans all in one dish. I made two different versions and barely had leftovers. I'm calling it Marianne's Masterpiece.
~Renee and I have been trying to get together all month. But it seemed that no matter how we rearranged life, it wouldn't work. So just like when I lived in CO, we had to make a phone date. But still there were so many interruptions we only had about 20 minutes. It was enough time to get the details of Justin's engagement and to discuss some of the weightier topics of life. So between email and unlimited texting plans we should make it until December.
~My sweet Jes has fully recovered from his bout of shingles. He went to the doctor yesterday and got a clean bill of health! So grateful.
And I know I don't talk about my RA much, but I also had an appt yesterday. It's time to change meds again. So please pray with me that this one will work...and for a long time.
~Does anybody remember the weather Friday night? Because I do.
It went something like this....super cold, raining, freezing, wet, frigid, and uncomfortable.
So at the football game, my man offered to park strategically at the end zone so I could watch from the car.
As if.
First of all, my boy would never be able to hear me coaching him and cheering him on from the car.
Second, I felt that Coach K needed me in the stands.
And if there was ever a game to be mercy ruled this was it. But no. We had to play out every single minute but won by a substantial margin.
This week is a big game about 3 hours away and I'm a bit concerned about this one...and probably any other subsequent games in the playoffs. This could only mean one thing. I need a new Tiger shirt to help the boys finish out the season.
No comments:
Post a Comment