Well.
Nothing gets the day started off wrong faster than a kid with a bad attitude. Especially when it escalates to name calling and his sister is declared a Doofus. Something had to be done.
My favorite Bible verse in dealing with this is Proverbs 17:1
"Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting with strife."
My friend taught me years ago how to handle this by giving that child a stale crust of bread while everyone else enjoys breakfast. Then it may make them think twice before stirring up more trouble.
Now I didn't have any stale bread on hand and it was too late to make it, so my son had a dry rice cake for breakfast as he ate in silence. For the rest of the morning I made him speak in a British accent until lunch. I don't think he's ever been so thankful for lunch in all his life.
~Yesterday turned out to be a day full of phone calls to various school officials trying to determine Christian's plans for next year.
1. Enter as a full time student at UFAS
2. Continue kicking for CHS while attending UFAS
3. Complete his first year of college by concurrent enrollment and distance learning from UA Monticello and AR Tech and continue kicking
And since he is the first AR student to take advantage of the Tebow law, it is all new for everyone and we are all still trying to figure out how the particulars line up with Triple A rules.
So this morning I had my first meeting with a high school principal and counselor making sure we were all on the same page. Turns out option #1 is going to be best for now with a formal appeal after the first of the year because of his age.
Anyhow it's all so confusing.... but we have had a fantastic year being involved with CHS and now my boy has a scholarship interview next week with UFAS. Oh my goodness my momma heart can NOT believe we are already here.
I loved my babies. I love my little people. And now I'm loving all the new details that come with teenage students and a married adult.
~Did I tell you Lane started her new job? She's making more money AND not driving to town every day. Win win. Plus she likes it!
~My in-laws have hit the road toward AZ for the whole winter. That means we get their house for date night and movie nights since they have cable. Last year I remember the first time we went over there after they left and it was so sad because Grandma wasn't there. I'm guessing this time will be the same. It's a long time until we see them again in the spring.
But we get another Grandma fix tomorrow when Grandma and Nana come to spend a couple of days!
~Tonight is AWANA!!
And Honey stays home with all the younger kids. For them that means disregard whatever dinner mom has left us in the crockpot while Dad goes to the store for 3 different cereals with cartoon characters on the box.
1 comment:
Eat all that Raison Bran before I get up there tomorrow lol.
Post a Comment