I am so hopelessly behind on everything! Do you ever feel like that? And the things that are getting done I don't feel like I am doing well. Sigh......
~I've had so much fun watching my kids lately.
I promise I won't bore you with the low down on the TKD tournament from the weekend but if you're interested in a 12yo's view point click on Special Ed on my side bar. That guy had a great time. We all did.
And now they are gearing up for the next one in August.
Then there was piano recital for Jess. He's had 4 teachers in 3 years and this was his first recital. Ms. Susie also let Josh play his guitar with him and they played Oh Happy Day while Jess sang. I love those boys.
And let me tell ya, Susie is the BEST piano teacher ever. Especially for Jess. She caught on to his love for music right away and gave him an old church hymnal to do with as he pleased. And it's hilarious ya'll because if he misplaces it, he acts like he is lost without it. He loves picking out music and figuring it out to show Ms. Susie next week. And of course she is always enthusiastic about his new pieces.
~Guess what I did. Well it was date night and it was Sunday. But sometimes we like to do something earlier since everything closes so early. I had a moment of insanity and said, "You wanna go to Academy? On the bike?" My man loves to shop. He loves Academy. But the "on the bike" words were a big surprise.
I made provisions for my kids in the event of my death and jumped on the back. My son said, "Hold on tight Momma" and I wish he hadn't said that since I had a death grip on him the whole time. Now my man is nice to touch and all but I would've much preferred a safety harness and a big bar to hold onto. Maybe a cage.
These things are clearly unsafe. I prayed the entire time that if I died at least it wouldn't hurt.
And I kept wanting to yell "Are we there yet?" The Academy sign had never looked more beautiful.
The riding jacket was hot. The helmet messed up my hair and hurt my earrings. Next time we can just take the car like normal people. Lesson learned.
~Last week the local bee club president drove all the way out here to do a hive inspection for us. Super sweet of him since he even had to leave work to do it. But I was like the new first time mom who was worried that her baby wasn't normal so he offered to come out and take a look. And...they were perfect!
He showed us so many things and included all the kids. I assured him we wouldn't need the smoker since they are pretty gentle bees but he wanted to show me how to light it anyway. I'm such a chicken when it comes to fire! The whole time he kept saying, "these are such nice bees." And I was so proud like I had something to do with it! Ha!!
I was impressed with my kids' bee knowledge. 2 of my kids spotted hive beetles and Jess found one of the queens. They are getting pretty bee smart.
~VBS registration tomorrow! I've been studying all week and love the material. I can't wait!
~Next week I have friends from Colorado coming that I haven't seen in a looong time! Meanwhile my man is taking all the boys camping so we girls can have the house to ourselves. I am seriously looking forward to all of this.
2 comments:
Glad things are going well.
"I made provisions for my kids in the event of my death..." Lol you crack me up and make my heart smile! :)
Post a Comment