~Are you ready for this?
I put a book on hold at the Charleston library. I know!
So here's what happened. A few months back a nice lady at church gave me a series of 8 books that I didn't want. So I immediately PaperBackSwapped them to the same address (bonus!) and got a nice load of credits. Free books? Yes please!
But don't you know that when I really really really wanted to read this certain cook book they didn't have it. So I looked at my FSM library and they didn't either. And nothing even close. So I put it my Amazon cart but then changed my mind because it costs $22 and there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD I would pay $22 for a book. Plus it would have to come out of my school budget that I'm trying to save for September. So nevermind.
But wait! That's when I remembered my little bitty library up the road. Surely they wouldn't have it but I decided to look anyway. And lo and behold(!) they didn't have it but had something close. Actually 2 books that were close so I held them both. And while I was at it I looked around their site and found 2 african books that looked promising because I can't find my Pastor Surprise book that I'm wanting to read right now.
And when my son found out, do you know what he said?
"Really? We're dealing with those hooligans?" Bless his heart. I have poisoned his mind and turned him into a library snob.
Anyway I blame it on George. He preached on bitterness Sunday so I decided to forgive them for having a lame story time.
~Have you ever taken your kids to a skate park? We went this week for the first time and OH ya'll it was fun! Nobody broke a bone or even cracked their head open. There is a nice walking trail around it with a playground and a creek. I can already tell this will be one of our new hot spots.
~It is right behind the high school and we were trying to find out where the school was because it may be that we get to spend some time there this year. My son played competitive soccer for years and now the high school football coach is scouting him to play kicker. We'll see...
~Did you have a good week?
I didn't. One time my Colorado friend,Pam, said at Bible study that her life would be so much better if she could just leave her own stupid self at home. Do you remember that Pam? Because that deep truth has stuck with me and that's exactly how I've felt all week. All year.
And it all sorta came to a head this week over an unfortunate incident involving farm equipment and I haven't felt like talking in about 3 days. Which is perfectly fine since it was my mouth that started the whole thing anyway.
Today I woke up feeling so unmotivated. And for whatever reason the beautiful weather took a nose dive in the 40s and it was cloudy, drizzly, and cold but I had to get outa bed anyway. And do something. So I tried to start a text conversation with Honey in the morning and he didn't respond until after 3pm so that didn't work. Instead I decided to start school and make chili.
Then I took a nice long nap with my Mally Baby and woke up feeling a ton better. But my hair didn't and Jes asked me if I had always had that cow lick.
Anyhow after dinner I decided to take a bath while everyone else was working on music for Sunday. My friend Renee does not like baths and I'm convinced that she must be doing it wrong because there is nothing like a really hot bubble bath. And this comes from a girl that hates getting wet.
My sweet ZBoy let me borrow his Cars bubble bath that he got for his birthday and I'm here to tell you people, that is some good stuff! It bubbles up nice and thick and you can buy it at Walmart.
So I planned ahead and got the book I wanted to read plus a big cup of juice in a real glass. I turned off the bright lights and turned on the smaller one since that's cozier. I closed both doors and hoped that nobody flushed the pot before my bath water was at the perfect temp.
As soon as I was all settled in my Calgon-take-me-away type bath, I saw my glass of juice. On the counter. Way on the other side of the bathroom. But I decided to live without it since it wasn't worth it to get all cold and climb out and get back in. Problem was though that the dim light I picked was just that. Dim. And I couldn't see my book very well and I wasn't just going to sit there in the bubbles with nothing to do so it turns out I DID have to climb out, fix the light, and grab my juice on the way. Obviously I am not as experienced at bubble bathing as I should be and I need more practice.
~I will leave you with a piece of farm news even though the only one who might be even remotely interested in my farm news is my dad. And maybe Tracy. 3 out of 4 of my bee feeding jars still had feed in them today! And that is big news ya'll because it means that they won't need me to feed them much longer and are finding plenty of stuff on their own. And since bee feeding is sticky work plus one of my hives is easier to work with than the other, I'm quite thrilled with this.
3 comments:
I am most definitely interested in the farm news!! (and yes - that is very exciting :-)
I miss bubble baths so much! Our tub is so stupid!! Every time I'm really miserable and decide that the only thing that will help is a hot bath, and try to take one, I regret it. I'm gonna run up our water bill when we finally get the house built and I have a comfy tub ;-)
Girlfriend come to my house and use my tub. Heck Zeke will even let you use his Cars bubble bath and we will play with the girlys!
Oh no, I hate that stupid self. Mine keeps hitching a ride with me. Perhaps some day I'll learn to ditch her for good. So sorry you were feeling down. Praying for you!
Post a Comment