Some of us are headed to TX for a couple days to visit family while some of us are holding down the fort...or at least watering the seedlings!
I'm been slowly getting ready. Too slowly. Here we are on the eve of departure and I've barely begun. Mostly because I felt like I had all the time in the world...and now I don't. That seems to happen to me frequently. Thus my man says I work on an abbreviated time schedule.
Whatever. :-)
For this trip I'm trying something new. It's roughly a 5 hour trip and instead of letting each kid pack a bag of things to do in the car, I'm packing surprise bags. I think they'll love it!
Bag #1.... individual boxes of raisins, crayons, and this map where they find license plates and color the state where they came from.
Bag #2.... baggies of popcorn, and this scavenger hunt with brand new pencils.
Bag #3.... m&ms (a surprise from Jes for everyone that he earned at piano last week), and this scavenger hunt.
Bag #4.... graham crackers and those magnetic things where you use a pencil and draw hair on the bald guy.
So each hour I'll pass out a bag + lunch in the middle. It should make the time pass pretty quickly.
As for now, I just created myself a new playlist and I'm trying to figure out how to borrow kindle books from the public library. Next step. Pile up all the books for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment