It was a beautiful Saturday
With beautiful weather
For a beautiful wedding
Uniting two beautiful people.
Here's how it happened...
Aren't these flowers just beautiful? And if you can believe it, they are even prettier today because the roses have fully opened. I've decided that fresh flowers in my house make me happy.
My friends heros showed up early and worked late for 3 straight days, including the wedding. Left their kids at home, ate who-knows-what for dinner b/c they were gone all day, and worked to make everything perfect. I do NOT deserve these people God has blessed me with.....but I'm so glad He did! They moved tables, cut fabric, hung lights, moved bushes, tied bows, made tons of flowers, and kept this momma sane.
My friends are the best!
Tara started about 8:30 to do make up and hair.
Girlfriend's got talent.
Then there was the dressing up! Such fun!
Like Cinderella going to the ball.
Lacing the dress was my part. I love tying my children's shoes...and now wedding dress.
While her daddy fastened on the finishing touch.
And George gave a pep talk..
Meanwhile, the boys were doing their own dressing up..
And the pictures began....
Flower girl and ring bearer....or according to him, "the most important job in the whole wedding."
Aren't they so pretty?
Ok skip past the bijillion other pix that will probably blow up my blog later and let's skip to the ceremony. Oh we also have to skip the aisle pix b/c my other photographer hasn't gotten them to me yet. But I bet they are wonderful.
The bride and the groom.
And a special shot of the maid of honor.
Bekah's been Meg's bestie since she was seven and a very special part of our family.
She does a good job keeping Meg's head screwed on straight.
She does a good job keeping Meg's head screwed on straight.
It was a short and beautiful ceremony with Meg's pastor and Ethan's pastor both officiating.
Is that the word? officiating?
Basically George and Dale nailed it. And it was just right.
First kiss ever.
The happy Mr. and Mrs!
And more pix....
Isn't my girly gorgeous!!
My I love this kid!
Tons more pictures including pretty family shots but this is mostly about Meg so we will look at those another time.....
The cakes...
The wedding cake
And the groom's cake.
Ethan is a TaeKwonDo black belt.
The reception was lovely with lots of family and friends that we haven't seen in forever.
And because of Jodie and Tracy and all our awesome friends, I didn't do a thing!
They ran the whole show serving cake, figuring out the music we forgot, pouring drinks, and keeping the guests happy. Really, I love them. And I'm so grateful!
The farewell and bubbles.
And Meg running off in her blue jeans.
That's my girl.
Off to start their new life together.....























3 comments:
Meg was a beautiful bride! Congratulations!!
Jody
Absolutely wonderful! Everyone was so beautiful. Just a delight to see. Thanks so much for sharing!
I teared up at the big about me. Thanks Mommatagg.
Post a Comment