Thursday, October 04, 2012

Our Week


Happy Thursday!

This week has flown by for us.  Actually that seems to be a common theme this year.

~Monday we had a nice visit from my parents.  They brought a yummy lunch and stayed for the day.  Once we get moved in Nana is already planning once a month trips and has picked out her bedroom in the new house.  Love it!

~The new house.   You knew this was coming didn't you?
ONE MORE WEEK!  And today we get to go again to sign off on some repairs before closing.   I'll leave Honey to look at repairs while the kids and I walk around and remember where we've mentally unpacked everything!

But on the packing front, very little has been done.  And right now I'm ok with that.

~My Farmer Boy is still sick.  I really take wellness for granted in my kids and when sickness hits it really takes its toll on everyone.  It started with pneumonia and a round of antibiotics.  6 weeks later found us sitting in the doctor's office half the morning b/c I can not get this kid well.  So yesterday we left with a chest Xray, breathing treatment, an inhaler, and another round of antibiotics.  :(

~That meant he missed Awana and so did LittleMan b/c he wasn't quite himself either.

But do you want to hear about Awana?  Yes?
I could go on and on.  I'm counting it our best night yet.  My boy MJ did an excellent job illustrating the 7 days of creation on the chalk board while my entire class listened very attentively.  So proud of them! I had no helper last night but didn't need one.  My guys were perfect.  So much so that we had time to talk about some of the Verses to the whole class and go through the plan of salvation with the wordless book.  A lot of time is wasted on behavior issues sometimes but last night we had none of that!

Let's talk about MJ.  I love that crazy boy.  I've known him since 1st grade and am always glad to see his face on Wed nights.  He certainly adds a whole new dimension to the class and enjoys one-on-one time...which he doesn't always get to have when things are crazy.  I have lost track of how many times his family has moved these few years but I'm extremely grateful that God keeps bringing him back.  And if God allows, I look forward to spending some time in youth with him one day.

~Youth was great too I hear.  Aside from the usual ear splitting teen age din, Honey was able to have some good conversation with them that carried over into some Facebook chatting later on.   Our youth are awesome.

~Moving on.....
I was doing some work and had a pen.  I needed both hands so I stuck my pen in my mouth.  But then....GASP!! .....when I went to use it again there was a big dead spider on it!!  Good grief how long must we endure this fallen world?   Spiders will NOT be in heaven people.

~Wedding plans.  Easy peasy.  I told Honey that I think a pretty wedding depends on the mother of the bride's creative friends.  They are TERRIFIC!!  And have made this a breeze.  There are still a few more things to get but for the most part we are almost finished buying stuff.  (Yay!)

~Time to move along this morning.  Honey left me his laptop and I could easily spend most of the morning playing with it instead of working....

Today's meals....
Breakfast - blueberry muffins and green smoothies (Thank you LB!)
Lunch - tuna melts (requested by Farmer Boy)
Dinner - chicken taco casserole (if I pull it all together in time)
Snack - snack mix with nuts, raisins, banana chips, seeds, and chocolate chips

No comments: