This morning I read, "we regard no one according to the flesh". 2 Cor 5:16
I immediately thought of a little boy in my son's Awana class that has been totally out of control. Extremely hard to deal with and requiring tag team attention. I confess that my regard toward him has been according to the flesh...how he behaves, how he affects others, and how did he get this way.
But how does Jesus see him? As precious. As a soul created and longing for love. And let me tell you, this little guy is longing for love and attention.
I was struck with the realization this morning that we have been entrusted with the message of reconciliation for this kid (and others).
"All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. " 2 Cor 5:18-19
Entrusting to us (me, my family, you, the church) the mystery of the love of God that desires that none be lost but that all come to repentance. And then......
"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come." v.17
God has placed him....and so many others....in our lives and given us the work to be faithful ambassadors for Christ with God making his appeal through us.
I am praying for this little guy this morning. Praying that the Christians in his life will be faithful and patient and look beyond the flesh that is screaming for love. Praying that God will meet his physical and spiritual needs. Praying that the voice of Christ will quiet the other noises and that through a miracle that I won't understand the seed we scatter will fall on good soil.
2 comments:
agreed!
Totally unrelated to this post, but I found this and thought you might be interested.
http://www.thespunkycoconut.com/2012/01/thick-dairy-free-hot-chocolate-part-2.html
shannon c.
Post a Comment