Friday, January 06, 2012

The Dirty Banana

Kitchen work yesterday and it was Josh and Jes's day.  The first thing they did was take off their shirts (surprise) and slap each other with them a few times.  Because that's fun if you're a boy with a brother your size. 

But then Mally comes to me all tearful holding her 1/2 banana.  She said she can't eat it anymore b/c she walked through the kitchen and the boys whacked it with their filthy shirt and now it's all dirty. 

I tried to tell her that their shirts were clean and the banana looks just fine.  Look, see? 
No, she did not see.  In her eyes the banana was dirty and ruined.   More tears.  

Fine.  I told the boys they had to eat the banana now.  And since boys are always wanting food I figured the problem was fixed. 

Nope.

They thought it was her fault for getting in the way of the shirt slapping fun.  And besides, the banana looked fine. 

I gave them the momma look that says, "Come on boys.  She's your baby sister." 

Josh said it was Jes's shirt that actually touched the banana so he ought to eat it.  Jes said he was full from so much breakfast. 

I told all three of them that we were not going to waste a perfectly good banana over something so silly and somebody was going to eat it.  At this point I'm figuring it'd probably be me. 

Josh had a solution.  Since it was Jes's shirt, Jes should eat the top part.....the part that was defiled.   And he would finish the rest.  That seemed reasonable to all. 

Banana gone.  Baby girl happy.

Kitchen work shirt slapping resumes.

No comments: