Awana night tonight! Good to see my classes after being off for 2 weeks. It was sweet to hear about their Christmases and to see some of the little presents they brought.
I found out tonight that one of our little girls did not get any presents for Christmas. Like none. And it's not b/c her family doesn't celebrate Christmas. It's b/c there were no presents. ......I don't even know what to say.
Did you know that only 4% of the ppl in the rural areas of Haiti have electricity? And most live on less than $400/yr.
Isn't it amazing how some ppl have so much and others have practically nothing? And most of the ppl with abundance do very little to share with those who are needy. Even though we're clearly told to give?? I'm ashamed to say that that's me. I've been handed everything good in life, yet I rarely turn around to share it with others. As Honey said, "We flood ourselves with excess and dabble in spiritual matters." :-(
I love this quote from David Platt: "I don't want to miss the treasures of Heaven by settling on the trinkets of earth."
Change is in the air.....hopefully in a big way.
No comments:
Post a Comment