Saturday, November 19, 2011

Love God, Love Others

That's what it all comes down to right? 

Then why am I so bogged down with everything else?  I have so much to be thankful for this year, but it's also been a year of extreme stretching.  I'd like to say that I'm in better shape from it all, but I don't see it. 
And as the year comes to a close I am not at all sad.

I look forward to 2012.  It almost feels like another chance to start over.  To try again.  "forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead".....

This is certainly not a jump on a list of New Year's resolutions.  I think I better steer clear of any of those.  But as I was checking my calendar for next week (VACATION ya'll!) I started thinking of all the things I'd like to do.  And then that led to more things I'd like to do in general.....or someday.

~play outside with my kids
~find some new reads
~send out more letters/cards
~write notes to my kids and leave them on their pillows
~a little bit of Christmas sewing (maybe??) 
~organize the pantry
~reach out to my neighbors more

I wonder how people get so much done.  I feel like I'm "doing" all the time and it's still never done.  I'm actually ok with that considering my season of life and the busyness of my household.  But it does keep me from doing much of the "others". 

I'm still listening to Beverly Bradley and enjoying every word of it.  And her words, "Love God love others" kept coming to mind tonight as I was scrambling to finish dinner and looking at the 6 loads of unfolded laundry. 

Love God, love others. 

Where does laundry fit in?  I don't know but I do know this....the best part of my day was playing football with Jes in the street, playing Gold Fish Go Fish with 5 kids, and wiping up Nate's face after he'd been throwing up.  (yes, I even like the last one.  Is that weird?) 

Somehow I just hafta figure out how to balance it all.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Just finished the book, "Kisses from Katie" that Pam loaned me. I don't have words to describe it...you should read it! It's a story of God using a young girl in some pretty incredible ways.

I feel like you do most days--running all the time and feeling like I'm never finishing anything. But I'm trying to enjoy the moments...the moments I want to soak up...like rocking my baby boy at night or cuddling with the boys in my bed all afternoon on a cold day, reading story after story. Balance seems out of reach for now, so I'm gonna go with trying to live in the moment. :)

TaggTroop said...

I'm eagerly waiting for that book! The church has ordered it for the library but it's back ordered. :-( I wish Pam could loan me her's!!

Anonymous said...

I think you do awesome job as a mom....Worry less about chores and try to enjoy things more....Like they say..A man who worries and frets his job...makes the hour glass run slow.....The man who enjoys what he does...worries not..time flys and happiness abounds.

Brannan said...

The laundry and the games and the throwup...that's all loving others. I think we get too bogged down in what we are supposed to look like and miss what we are actually doing. Being a mom means you have a bunch of people right around you to love on and disciple and be a witness to 24/7. Outside stuff is great- if that's the season you are in. Otherwise, there isn't necessarily anything "lacking" in the season of raising kiddos. My 2cents :)

Anonymous said...

You are the best at balancing what's important. If you were never concerned or if you chronicly failed to plan, or if you isolated yourself or never were a good example by keeping things in order...then there's a problem. You do your tasks AND love everyone so well...proverbs 31 was written about you.

Ur honey...

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I almost forget to tell you that many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.

Ur honey

TaggTroop said...

Awww.... I love you Honey.