Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Wednesday And Third Day Of Vacation!

Is it the third day of vacation for you too?  The first?  Or maybe it doesn't start until tomorrow?  Please tell me you get tomorrow off at least!! 

I have LOVED this week! 

But on Sunday night I decided to set a couple of "rules" for vacation so I wouldn't squander them away and be disappointed at how I spent the time.  Not dead set "this is everything we're going to do" rules, but just some flexible ideas to keep me focused. 

~Get completely dressed every day.  I didn't wanna hang out in my pjs just b/c I could.  I knew I'd end the day feeling lazy. 

~Keep up with regular chores.  Because I'd go crazy if we didn't.

~Keep computer time to a minimum.  And please...no Xbox or Wii. 

I wanted to feel good about the way we spent our time and so far, I've enjoyed every minute of it. 
I still have some things on my "want to do" list and some that have already been crossed off.  This morning we're working on some Thanksgiving crafts.  (Thank you Shannon!)  And  LB and I are going to Leola's to sew.  I'm also picking up some new reads from the library and working with my kiddos to clean house for Thanksgiving. 

And do you know one of the things I'm most thankful for this year?  The fact that I CAN clean house with my kids!  Or, for that matter, I could do it all by myself.  But I'll let them help.  Just to be nice.  But seriously it just feels so good to feel better and I'm VERY thankful for that. 

Yesterday we celebrated Mally Bird's 6th birthday...preciousness that I hope to blog about later.  Oh!  And I also want to share with you this nifty idea for journaling I got off Pinterest.  I'm having such fun with it. 



I still want to create a play list for chores.  Maybe get some new Christmas songs.  Do some scrapbooking.  A bit of Christmas shopping.  And decorate my cookbook. 

OH and today is Meg's first day at home!  4 whole days without school and having her pretty face around.  I'm hoping she'll help me do some Christmas-y stuff that requires concrete because she knows how and I don't.  Aren't you wondering what I'm doing with concrete?  No? 

And now I'm off to get dressed and ready for day 3.  I wonder if next week I'll blog something like..."it's nice to be back in routine." 

I don't think so.

I'll leave you with this random picture of Nate in a tree.  I love that happy face!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well. Everyone needs a vacation.

robbieniccum said...

I am sooo happy to hear you are feeling better!!!!! :):):) and this is such an exciting blog! I am sooo curious what pinterest had to say about journaling and you are amazing and I love your ToDo list..it's very inspiring and My Goodness I missed you more than I knew! :P