Friday, November 18, 2011

Almost On Vacation!!

One more school day and then we're DONE!  And did I mention that I'm not too fond of Friday school either?  nevermind.

~Next week I want to do some Thanksgiving crafts with my favorite people.  I haven't done any Thanksgiving crafts at all this year.  Not that I ever go overboard with that, but I do want to do something...even if it's just hand print turkeys.  I found some easy stuff on Pinterest that I think they'll like.  Except I didn't plan ahead and I need more toilet paper rolls.  We unusally only go through 2 rolls of toilet paper a day and that's not enough.  Anybody wanna share? .......Jodie?

~Do you have big Thanksgiving plans?  We're having the R family over and hopefully Ms. Ruby.   No turkey over here though.  My kiddos aren't crazy about the traditional Thanksgiving fare so we usually do a big breakfast for supper instead.  Pancakes, eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, bacon, and juice.  And the men will make it.  Do you think I can talk them into cleaning it up too?  Or would that be pressing my luck? 

~To make my menuing easier, I've divided into catagories.  Pizza night, Sandwich/wraps night, Mexican night, Pasta night, Date night, and I still need 2 more.  Maybe Breakfast night and Soup night but soup isn't a fave with anyone except Lane and me.  Anyway, the sandwich night is certainly new and (kinda) a fun challenge.  Since most sandwiches feature meat and cheese, I'm working on coming up with a selection of vegan recipes.  Here's last night's.....

Spicy Black Bean Wraps

WW tortillas (Josh pressed these out for me.)
Spicy black beans (cayenne, garlic salt, and black pepper) tossed with 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
guacamole with chipotle
cucumbers and tomatoes
lettuce
red onion

FULL of flavor!  We had these with chips and salsa and stewed apples. 

~Apples are on sale for 48 cents at WM.  And while Jonathans aren't my fave they'll certainly do for that price!

~No Awana next week.  I sure hope my little Awana peeps have a good Thanksgiving.  Especially Haley...I'm more concerned for her.  She reminds me so much of our little Geneva who's been gone for almost a year I think.   And please pray for Desiree's mom to get a job.  I have a feeling that's a big deal for their family so I want to pass it along.  I love that little girl.  She has such a happy personality!

~I layed down with my ZBoy last night in his tent.  He hasn't been sleeping in his tent lately and if I were him I'd sleep in it every night.  It's sooo cozy in there! 

~My dryer is taking 100 minutes to dry a load of clothes!  Crazy.  I googled it and I think we need a part that costs about $20.  I figure if I'm wrong I haven't lost much.  If I'm right, I've saved us a lot of money on a guy.  I hope I'm right both b/c I want to save money and also b/c it gives our boy some experience at appliance repair. 

~Off to start the day....oh and did I mention it's the Friday before VACATION???

6 comments:

Momma Cuts said...

I have tp tubes! Probably at least a WM bag full. Can give it to L Monday if that works for you?

Celebrating Life said...

Oh perfect! And thank you!

BTW, where've ya'll been? Mr. Townsend is asking about you at TKD and Katrina said you haven't been a church Sun nights. Everything ok?

Anonymous said...

did you try cleaning out the lint catcher with soapy water? sometimes it gets fabric softener buildup that keeps your laundry from drying. :)
jodie

TaggTroop said...

HOW do you know these things???

Turns out the part I thought we needed wasn't it. I googled to find the part number and came up with 177 results so I started calling around and some places didn't even know what I was talking about! I decided to call a guy. He said my duct needs cleaning. Bad thing is that we just did that about 3 months ago and it was kinda expensive. I don't know what to think. But I'll def scrub the lint trap...that would be an easy fix!

momma cuts said...

We're okay. October was a sick month for us, and November is just schedule conflicts for both tkd and our 2nd church. Hopefully we'll be back to both soon. :)

Hope you have fun with craft-making!

Anonymous said...

Definitley pressing your luck on the cleanup thing!

Ur honey