Friday, May 21, 2010

A Looong Week

I can't even remember the last time I've said that.  Seems like for years now the days and weeks have flown by and it's bedtime before I know it.   Well, maybe that means the weekend will be long too??
I hope!

~The garden is growing beautifully.  One tomato plant already has 4 tiny tomatoes! 

~Perhaps the garden is looking so good because of the great storms we've had.  I love a good storm!  I love waking up in the night and hearing the rain and thunder.

~Hit a big sale at Lowe's and bought 8 blueberry bushes that were marked down 2/$1.25.  Sweet!  I think I bought them all, but if you're interested in grapes there were a lot of those left.

~Tired of saying the same things over and over and tired of stepping over another pile of toys, Honey told the boys to pick 5 things to keep.  The rest goes.  They picked their favorite 5 and everything else is in the garage on the trailer.  Not sure where it'll go from here.  We'll see how they do with taking care of 5. 

~I changed my mind in the middle of cooking supper.  That meant I had a pound of penne pasta with nothing to do with it.  I should've stuck it in the freezer.  But I didn't.  I kept it in the fridge and looked at it for a couple of days.  Then I decided to make pasta salad.  I dumped it in a big bowl and started adding other ingredients.  It grew.  Problem is that I'm the only one that likes pasta salad.  And the other problem is that every year I always forget that I don't like pasta salad all that much either.  So in trying to save a seventy-nine cent box of pasta I used up a can of peas, a cucumber, some tomatoes, salad dressing, etc.  Now I have a huge bowl of stuff that I'll probably end up throwing out.  Anyone want some pasta salad?  

~Meg comes home in 2 sleeps!

~If you're going to order from Azure Standard, hurry up!  The deadline is soon.  I'm looking forward to trying some new stuff this time. 

~My family is helping out another church's VBS in June.  I'm looking over the stuff and praying over it.  Never done this kind of thing before. 

~Airsofting at the Wings tomorrow.  Happy people!

Today's meals...
Breakfast - cereal
Lunch - pasta salad and tomato soup.  Guess what everyone picked? 
Dinner - pizza and ice cream
Tea - blueberry muffins

2 comments:

Ren said...

I'm the same way with Pasta salad. I'm the only one who likes it and I always make so much that much of it gets thrown out. I just always forget the next time I make it to think small.
Darinda

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Same at our house, but I love being able to add what I want and personalize it. I love small grape tomatoes in my pasta salad.

I'm going to check at Lowes to see if they have anymore blueberry bushes. Wonder if they have several varieties. I've wanted my own for several years.