Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Little Bit Of Lately

~Meg is in CO for 2 whole weeks!  Actually just a little over a week as of now.  We've missed her around here and Ethan has a loooong face.  But she's happy and having a great time.  There is a lot of fun going on during these 2 weeks in CO and I'm glad she has the opportunity to be a part of it.  Today she's in Estes Park at a writer's conference.  I hear there's even snow. 

~60# of apples is down to about 10#.  What did I do with the 50lbs?  5 quarts of apple sauce plus 2 full crockpots working on more as I type.  Apple cake, apple strudel, spiced apples, and just sliced fresh ones too.  Maybe I'll make another apple cake for breakfast in the morning. 

~The big question is what to do with 10lbs of carrots when your family doesn't really like carrots?  I bought 5lbs with the intention of storing up some carrot cake in the freezer.  But when my MIL brought over 5 more pounds, that made me think it was a bit more carrot cake than I was wanting to make. 

~New talents in the Tagg house. 

And as if that weren't enough, Joshua learned to snap, Mally can click her tongue, and LB is learning to ride a unicycle.  Sweet growth!

~The weather is getting hotter.  I was getting into the habit of walking nearly every day around 2pm but it is now getting too hot for that.  My friend and I have moved our walk up to 7:15.  It's nice to have it done so early in the day and I'm happy to get to continue my new habit!

~You should see our front yard!  Honey and the boys have pulled everything out of the garage to clean it up.  All the cars are moved out of the driveway and it is full of junk useful garage stuff.   A guy just drove by very slooooowly to see if there was anything he wanted.  It does look like a pretty good garage sale!

~And the whole reason we need to clean out the garage is to make room for a boat!  My parents brought us a BOAT a couple of weeks ago.  Much fun-ness for my guys and girlys. 

A HUGE thank you to my parents!  And Honey asked if I'd like to go out with him sometime...just the 2 of us.  And he would set me up with a chair and umbrella and book to read while he fishes. 

~I hit the jackpot at our homeschool used book sale this year.   I had $58 in my envelope to spend.  I prayed over this money and asked God to show me just the best way to use it or keep it.  I can't believe all I came home with!  Lots of stuff to use for next year, a full curriculum for 3rd grade that I was interested in starting, and something new for just about everyone.  AND... I still had about $15 in my envelope.  But it gets even better.  LB was a bit disappointed that I didn't find the new science she had been wanting, but when I went to RENEW later in the night, it was all there on the free table just waiting for me!  Thank You God!   I'm loving our new cash system and enjoy how God is showing me just how to use it. 

~Speaking of budget, Honey and I are working on a new one this weekend. 

~2 books I'm reading..

I'm doing this one with Jen.
And...
Every time I need advise from Momma Tweeten I open it up.  I'm guessing I'll have it memorized pretty soon.

Tonight's dinner...
Big turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, apple cake.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I steamed and pureed my carrots, then froze them in freezer bags. I take a freezer bag out now and again to make these delicious healthy muffins that call for two cups of pureed carrots :)
works for me!

Laurie said...

Mmmm....that dinner sounds good...:D

The conference was lots o' fun. Meg'll tell you about it. I'm actually taller than her now. :D

HSB is migrating to WordPress technology--working on it as we speak. No one can sign in, but it looks pretty cool. *bounces* It'll finally be up to par with Blogger and the rest. :D

Give my love to everyone else!! We wish all the rest of you could be here for field day (and my birthday!)!

Love you,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Mmm, I will be right over for the Tagg dinner. Quite the update on Team-Tagg; they are growing up to be such a great bunch!

Jim K.

Pam H said...

Yum! Would you share your cake recipes please? (apple and carrot) Or if you would rather just send the finished product :)

Pam