Friday, May 28, 2010

A Little Bit Of Lately

Sick kids. And sick Momma. Coughing coughing coughing.

~So I spent the whole morning outside.

~I vacuumed both cars. And have decided that we're a family of slobs. WHY is all this junk in the car?? And I can't believe the back of the van looked like that and nobody cared! And what is worse, is the thought of all the guests that have ridden back there lately. Oh mercy. Sorry people if you had to ride with us in the filth. I'm guessing you made it out ok since I didn't uncover any bodies.

While the littles did this with all the stuff I pulled out. And yep, that is a froggy potty that was in the van too.


~But then.... I accidentally left the car unlocked and guess what?  It got broken into!  I know.  Seems that we're a target for that sorta thing.  And we never leave our cars unlocked.  Well, never except for the times that they get broken into.   But since it was all cleaned out, the thieves only made out with about fifty-seven cents. 

~We moved to the back yard and planted flower seeds. I've been wanting to do this to talk about reaping and sowing with the little kids. We planted 7 blueberry bushes. Then I ran out of dirt.

~I weeded the garden and re-tied the ties on the stakes b/c I did it wrong the first time. But oh, my garden is pretty and growing wonderfully! I love my baby tomatoes.

~Mayfee busted his head open climbing on something he shouldn't have. The next day was a bloody nose.

~No story time or feast this week. And no Bible study at Legacy that I was really looking forward to. I HATE sickness.

~But I love to watch as everyone pulls together to keep things going. Those who are not as sick working to help with dishes and food and making lots of juice. I slept in this morning and when I got up breakfast was done, the dishwasher started, school at the table, and Meg took the babies for a walk around the block. AND they made me some orange juice! Thank you my wonderful kids!

~Meg and Ethan made a new recipe for us for dinner tonight. Tuna Cakes. A no go. So they pulled everything else out of the fridge and everyone ate something different.


Today's meals...
Breakfast - leftover breakfast burritos
Lunch - leftover other stuff
Dinner - we already talked about that
Tea - nothing..BUT Meg did make us some brownies later so tomorrow's meals will be sweeter!

No comments: