Monday, December 01, 2008

Today

~Monday Night Football means I have the computer to myself and I'm a little bit blog happy. Can you tell?

~We got a new table for the music room! I love it. Out with the swirvy recliners that never stay put. This is much more practical and gives not only more seating, but also another school table.

~Do you know what I love? My husband that comes home all noisy like. It's like the real fun begins when he steps through the door. Some sorta game in the cul-de-sac cause the snow's almost gone. Then loud beautiful worship music with drums and guitar while I'm finishing up dinner. And while there are times when I wanna clap both hands over my ears and run for cover, there are other times when the noise of the house is just lovely.

~My daughter that doesn't like to cook so much made a delicious dinner. I enjoyed working with her in the kitchen.

~Our new school table is handy. It's funny how just something as simple as a new place to work necessitates a slight change in schedule. We used to do preschool at the coffee table and now I need to move to 3 places instead of 2. My babies can't crowd up to the new table b/c it's too high, my big kids use the dining room table, my middles are at the new one. Anyway I like it.

~I have a ridiculously messy laundry room. Snow clothes will do that. And Christmas stuff. And diapers. And, well laundry.

~We took a cabinet down in the laundry room and behind it was wallpaper that says "I HATE LAUNDRY ROOMS". I took offense to this. If you've ever lived without a laundry room, you will certainly come to love it when you do get one. That ugly stuff has got to go. I am thankful for my laundry room.

~My new bread machine doesn't work after all. I give up. It was really too small to help me out much anyway. But if I ever find a replacement pan for my Zo I will be so happy. THAT is a good machine.

~I'm not communicating very well with my teenagers. Things I think they should've understood, they don't. I gotta work on my communication skills.

~December is a good time to pray over things the Lord would have me change.

~25 more days until our Wing visit!

No comments: