Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Back To Texas

My sweet Granddaddy went to Heaven Monday night. So Honey and I are here in TX with Bird and Froggy for the funeral. So nice to see lots of family that I haven't seen in a long time. Lots of different emotions.

Granddaddy and I had a perfect relationship. Nothing left unsaid. No regrets of any kind. We just loved and enjoyed each other. I got to see him one last time when we were staying on the farm. So happy for that! He was in so much pain and so uncomfortable but still wanted to come to LB's b-day. I just sat by him and loved on him any way I could think of. I called him the day before he died and although he could not talk, Uncle Jim held the phone to him so I could tell him that I love him.

When I was little he let me drink the last of his coffee.
He gave me a dollar in the mornings to spend at the neighborhood store.
He took me fishing a LOT.
He always called me "Sweetheart".
I used to spend the night with them on Friday nights and we watched a lot of Gunsmoke.
We both liked strawberry shortcake.
I loved my Granddaddy and he loved me.


We're staying at my in-laws while they are staying at our house. We got the better deal. It's good to be in a clean house with no boxes everywhere. We had no pack&play so we set Froggy up in the bathtub to sleep. It works.

Lots and lots of driving. Babies have been reasonable. We plan to head back home to CO in the wee hours of the morning.

I love my family. I miss my kids.

No comments: