Reading this week, I came across a new phrase. "God is the source of my ability".
It has stuck with me and I've been thinking on it all week. I know that God is my strength and has given me every good thing but to think of Him as the source of my ability really takes it a step further.
It applies to everyone all the time. Not just super talented types. God gives us different abilities and without Him, we'd be nothing. There is no use in trying to do anything on our own. It is wasted effort.
Honey and I talked about it last night to teach our son. For him, athletically speaking, there is always some new skill or goal to work on. Right now he needs to work on winning 50/50 balls and beating his man to the goal. We want him to understand that while practice is important, his success is in the Lord. His footwork is impressive but it is not of his own doing. It is God who has granted him ability, skill, and strength.
As though it wasn't enough that our Lord came to save us, He also made Himself our source of ability. He has made it so we can serve Him and love others and help each other, all in different ways. There is no way that we can be proud of ourselves or have a reason to be jealous of others. My neighbor has one ability, I have another. We work together as the body of Christ, drawing from our Source.
Here's the site that spurred on my musings...
http://www.crosswalk.com:80/spirituallife/women/11552208/page1/
No comments:
Post a Comment