I bought a new Bible study book at Sams for only $4! I just love a bargain. I started it this morning and it's pretty good. I was reading in Joshua 2 passages where God told the Israelites to "be careful to obey" and also to "avoid the foreigners living among you, lest you fall tempted to their ways"...excuse the paraphrase. As Maegan gets older a new issue we are facing is that of friendship relationships. Reading this made me want to re-visit the issue with them again. My hesitation is that I want to approach this tactfully, not "blasting" anyone. I prayed for an open door.
A friend of mine loaned me a boys' devotional book that we've been going through. I was delighted to read this morning about this very issue. My open door! We had such a good conversation about living as foreigners in this world, awaiting our real home in heaven. I just love homeschooling for this very reason. I can spend as much time as I want teaching my kids what is really important. It was a nice morning.
It is so cold today and will continue this whole weekend. That is bad news for my little boys because they love to play outside so much. Tomorrow is also Mike's first wedding to photograph. It is a big deal. Even though the wedding is only Sat afternoon, he will spend the rest of the weekend editing the pictures so we won't see him that much. I look forward to spring!
Have a blessed weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment