Sunday, February 19, 2006

Bookmarks

I collect bookmarks. If you think about it, it's really the perfect thing to collect if you are going to collect something. They are useful, inexpensive, take up very little space, and you don't have to dust them. I don't have too many as my collection is somewhat new. You see, before I started officially collecting them I would just grab whatever piece of paper was handy and call that my bookmark. Having a real bookmark is much more fun. With the exception of one, none of my bookmarks cost money. They have been made for me by people I love. I don't buy them or make them for myself, I prefer to get them as gifts. That way whenever I use it, it always reminds me of the one who made it. Whenever I get a new one it always makes me want a new book so that I can use it. When I start a new book I always try to match the bookmark to the book. For instance, the boys' devotional we are reading together has the bookmark that my 4yo Joshua made for me for Christmas. My new Bible study book has a pastel floral cover and it is very femine looking on the inside. My bookmark for that is the pink charm-type one that Maegan gave me for Christmas. It's very girly and pretty and fits the book perfectly. Whenever I pick it up it makes me smile. And that is the whole reason for a collection, isn't it?

No comments: