Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Journal Prompt: What Would You Like To Change In Your Routine?

My morning routine has been my hardest routine for forever.  It's also my favorite part of the day.  If I had all the time in the world I would completely savor this time and spend a loooong time reading, journaling, and planning my day.

But since nobody has all the time in the world, I have to do most of that the night before.
I get up around 5:00-5:30 with my husband.  He heads straight to the garage to work out...seriously y'all.  Like even when it's cold and raining.  And I didn't even mention that the garage is detached and he has to walk outside to get there!

I get up and get his breakfast and lunch packed and go back to read, plan, think, and pray.  This is where I'm needing to switch it up.  Because by the time he leaves, I don't have much time before Warrior is up, someone needs help with school, and someone else wants to tell me that the 3yo got out of bed without permission and there's a squabble over the last 4 eggs in the fridge.

Then there's no going back.  The floodgates are open.  The day is in full-swing.

What I'd LIKE to happen is for me to get a work out in before I see the open eyes of a child.
I'd LIKE to have that workout finished and be dressed as well.  And if I could even make the bed before that happened.....oh my!!!

I've tried working it backward and switching things around.  I've tried exercising first and reading after.  I just can't fall into a routine with it and getting up before 5am isn't going to happen right now.
I'm fairly good at exercising later so it's not that big of a deal to me right now.

No comments: