So I had reached the point of fullness where I was on the verge of tears over EVERYTHING.
And the fact that I couldn't see an end in sight only made the matter worse. I could easily compile a lineup of events responsible for the waterworks but I'll just sum it up with LIFE.
A lot of life.
But then Honey texted me and reminded me that he had a 3 day weekend coming up and did I want to take the boat out on Friday. Well YES, yes I believe I do.
The boat motor had recently been in the shop and we wanted to see if it worked. So we dropped off babies, settled the kids, and loaded the fishing poles. On the way out, we ran into the Super Stop to get me a fishing license and you won't believe it..... right there at the cash register was a new chapstick I'd never even heard of! Not only that, but it was full of the natural ingredients that are my favorites in a good chapstick.
Well now.
Not only did I have a 3 day weekend AND a fishing trip, but now I had a new chapstick too. I tell you sometimes life just does a complete about-face when you least expect it.
Selfie on the water. And the motor worked perfectly.
It was so quiet on the water. Hardly anybody was there. I had all the time to talk, or not. And just think. And unravel all the thoughts. And I only cried a little bit....which was a big surprise to us both I think.
A lot of life.
But then Honey texted me and reminded me that he had a 3 day weekend coming up and did I want to take the boat out on Friday. Well YES, yes I believe I do.
The boat motor had recently been in the shop and we wanted to see if it worked. So we dropped off babies, settled the kids, and loaded the fishing poles. On the way out, we ran into the Super Stop to get me a fishing license and you won't believe it..... right there at the cash register was a new chapstick I'd never even heard of! Not only that, but it was full of the natural ingredients that are my favorites in a good chapstick.
Well now.
Not only did I have a 3 day weekend AND a fishing trip, but now I had a new chapstick too. I tell you sometimes life just does a complete about-face when you least expect it.
Selfie on the water. And the motor worked perfectly.
It was so quiet on the water. Hardly anybody was there. I had all the time to talk, or not. And just think. And unravel all the thoughts. And I only cried a little bit....which was a big surprise to us both I think.
And to make it even better I caught this MONSTER fish on my blue swimmy lure. He was the icing on the cake.
Next week we have another 3 day weekend. Hopefully the weather will hold out and I can put Blue Swimmy into service again.
Because Jeremy Wade has nothing on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment