You guys.
I had the greatest intentions of blogging about our new school year with each kiddo. I even took extra pictures and all. But then the days turned into weeks and here we are. And who even cares about a new school year when most people just finished mid terms for crying out loud! So there went that.
Then there were those times when something funny/sweet/cute/exciting would happen and I'd be like, "Hey, I want to blog about that!" But then it was bedtime. And while that is usually my best time to blog, it seems like lately (read: 18 months) I just have no words left by the end of the day.
And just like that it is October. But guess what DID happen?
I decorated my mantle for fall. It's nothing you'll see on Pinterest but it just makes me all kinds of happy. Especially since I actually did it .... Oh I don't know...before Fall was actually OVER!
It seriously made me feel like one of those crafty moms that seem to be all over my Facebook.
The end of October also meant the end of 8th grade football. I won't lie. I'm THRILLED to be done. This will clear up a good 3 1/2 hours a week that I won't be sitting on a bleacher watching everybody else's kid play. Because for whatever reason Jes barely touched the field. So yeah, I'm good to skip it. Plus this is also the last week of soccer. Whatever will we do with all our free time ya'll?
I am so looking forward to some winter. Cold weather, warm soups, more time for cooking, hot chocolate, and snow. Please let there be some snow! As a matter of fact I just bought the babies a new snow suit and new boots that are adorable.
Babies.....did I mention we have three? One of our babies that went home in February came back into care. And though it took some juggling, we were able to make it work so we could take him back. I tell you, I do think my family members are rock stars. Because 3 little boys that are all under 3 years old can take a huge toll on everyone in so many ways. But they always adjust, always love, and always make room.
Anyhow, here we are in November and I just had a very needed 3 day weekend that included some time to THINK. And I can't even describe how that makes me feel a little bit more human and normal than I have in awhile. And one of the oh-so-many things I got to think about was how I really hope to step up my blogging game this month.
And you know what else? Joshua just got a new camera for his video editing crush and he is all set to help me satisfy my new craving for a YouTube channel of my very own! It's a happy thing.
2 comments:
I've missed hearing about your family! Someday I'll get to meet you... I'm sure of it!
Gaylene
Gaylene, I'd LOVE for that to happen!
Post a Comment