Friday, July 29, 2016

Kansas City!

I'm smiling all over as I type this out.  This trip was so fun and I'm going to love retelling it all. First off please excuse my overuse of the word FUN because you will be reading it a lot.

I had been looking forward to this for a few weeks.  Our anniversary was coming and my parents were amazing and gave us money for a weekend away.  I KNOW!!  And they babysat.  AND cooked all the things.  It was the first time we'd been away by ourselves in 13 years.  So yeah.  I was kinda excited.



It worked out so perfect to go to Kansas City because I've been wanting to go anyway plus the US National team was playing there on our actual anniversary night!  SO AWESOME! 



Before we even checked into our hotel we stopped at Ikea.  I've never been.  It was huge and I felt like I needed a ticket to attend this big event.  It was every bit as fabulous as everyone says.  I loved all the stuff.  ALL THE STUFF.  We took pictures and made notes and got lots of ideas. 



We checked into our beautiful hotel and really y'all.....I felt like I was going to cry the second I saw it.  Everything was perfectly clean and in order and neat and perfect.  So absolutely completely different from my real life of scattered laundry and sticky tables.  I loved it.

Then we headed to Cabelas. That was fun too.  
I especially loved the fish tank.  And this guy!!  It's not a great picture of him but he was pretty cute.  

The taxidermy stuff was incredible!  I had no idea I'd love Cabelas as much as I did. 





Our hotel was walking distance from the field.  So nice!  And the weather was hot but not too humid so it was bearable and walking was no big deal.



The next morning, we explored the town and saw the new Star Trek.  The theater was so nice with leather recliners! And the movie did not disappoint.  We ate and shopped and walked and had a fun day.

Then it was GAME TIME!  And I got a Hope Solo shirt.  She's my fave.



Our seats were pretty good too.





The game was fantastic and we won 4-0!  Hope barely touched the ball since it was always on the OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD.



Another night in our very clean hotel and then it was time to pack up.



A shot of his new Alex Morgan shirt!



This trip was absolutely perfect and so much fun.  We HAVE to do it again!!



1 comment:

the momma said...

LOVE :-)