I hope to post lots of pictures as soon as they are uploaded. My family was home, except Laney who had worked all night before and needed to sleep. Grandma and Grandpa came over for lunch and Meg and Ethan came to church with us and spent the day.
And somehow, I don't even know, but somehow I even took a nap. And I don't know about you but when my day includes a nap it is immediately elevated to the awesome status. So yeah, it was an awesome day.
I've been having a lot of fun with my Mother's Day present. A Fitbit Charge HR!
I love having the goals to shoot for and the continuous tracking of activity. I slept with it the first night and couldn't wait to wake up and play with the sleep tracker function. Except when it was morning it sorta felt like someone/something had been creeping on me in my sleep to know exactly how many times I was restless or woke up and how many hours and minutes I was actually asleep.
But it was good to know. Not like I couldn't figure out that Precious' night time crying was messing with our sleep but still. And having the pitiful numbers in front of us prompted us to figure out something else to do with him.
So we shifted sleep arrangements again and it seems to be working out splendid for everyone so far.
Today was my first day to meet all my goals and it feels awesome. I still haven't figured out the food tracker and I'm not even sure I have time to log everything I eat all day anyway.
It's fun and I love it. But my most favorite gift of all is a notebook that all my kids wrote in. They each took a page and filled it with love notes. Awwwwwww......... I heart them.
My girls took me to see Jungle Book at the REAL MOVIE THEATER later in the day and I didn't even fall asleep. It reminded me of how much I like going to the movies except that there is hardly ever a movie I want to see. But I did want to see this one because the Disney version is one of my very favorites of all time and I absolutely love the songs.
And y'all. I will have to own this. And watch it a million times. I loved it.
I can't wait until it comes out at the cheap theater so I can take my whole crew and surprise them!

2 comments:
Tony and Kacy gave me a fitbit also!! :-)
(I just typed fitbut instead ~ which makes me giggle) I love mine, too!! :-)
I don't know how accurate the sleep tracker is - mine has shown me sleeping when I *know* I wasn't asleep....
I've hit 10,000 steps twice (they gave it to me Thursday evening) the first time, I was only a hundred or so away at bedtime, so I did laps in the kitchen, but yesterday - I was just minding my own business cooking dinner and bzzzz - fireworks and congratulations going off on my wrist. It was fun.
I can tell you though that my 'this morning' foot is not very happy with yesterday's 12,000 steps....
XO
p.s Please tell Laura I haven't forgotten her grad gift ~ I've just been ridiculously busy - but it's near the top of my list!
Happy (belated) to one of the neatest moms I know!! Thanks for the wonderful example you set for all of us.
Post a Comment