Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Little Bit Of Lately

This year!

It's almost practically May and I promise it was just Christmas last week.  I didn't even get a chance to update my April calendar and it's already time to turn the page.  These days are whizzing by!

But I forget it is always like this because of the 5 birthdays.  Also graduation.  Those things tend to take up a lot of time and celebration.  I hope to share some pictures soon.

Here's what's been going on lately.....

~ First of all I finally caved and sent the babies to school day care twice a week.  The first time I chickened out.  But it just got to a point of crazy that I couldn't take anymore and I felt like we all needed some breathing space.  I still feel horrible about it.

But they are doing great with it.  They are super excited to see Daddy pick them up and come home exhausted and ready for bed at 7pm.  We get two days a week to concentrate on school, errands, and no diapers.  And y'all it is BLISS.  It gives me a chance to miss them and to also take care of other responsibilities.

~ Nana came and spent a whole week.  It was the week of graduation and doctor appts and so forth.  She saved the day so many times I lost count.  She left today and I immediately called my dad to thank him for sharing.  He told me not to expect it again. :)

~Our a/c is out.  Or at least not working right.

~ I have a goal to not hit the grocery store until Friday.  We are eating from the fridge, freezers, and pantry.  And while we have plenty of meat (thanks Dad), we don't have a lot of extra stuff like cheese or mustard right now.  I think the challenge is fun.

~Tomorrow the babies get shots.  Poor babies.  Poor us.

~I finally finished Downton Abby.  And I already miss it.  It ended perfectly and it was so fun to watch that series on date night.  I've moved on to Call The Midwife but I can't talk my man into it yet.

~I've had 4 kids sick today.  That means lights out at 8pm tonight no matter how old you are.
It also means I have more kitchen work for myself since I don't want them touching dishes.

So I better get to it!

No comments: