Tuesday, April 07, 2015

The Beauties Before Me

I had just gotten out of the shower. I had cinnamon rolls in the oven and bread rising. It was the night before Christian's birthday and I had a lot to do.

LB came into my room and said, "Mom! Get some shoes and a jacket. I wanna show you something!"

Outside? I'm in my pajamas.

"It's dark. nobody will see. Just come."

So I did. In my pajamas with my hair in a towel. I grabbed my coat and slipped on the flip flops that were closest.

And boy was it dark! I couldn't even see her ahead of me as I followed her outside. I just followed her voice and hoped I wouldn't step in any dog poop. I followed her through the yard and into the neighbor's field.

And there it was. The most magnificent sky with a huge orange moon with clouds framing it and bright stars all around. It was beautiful!

"See!?"

My sweet daughter danced around in the field under the big moon like Julie Andrews in The Sound Of Music when she was running and dancing over the hills. It was one of the greatest moments ever.

It reminded me of a time when 6 year old Meg and I were in the car one day. She said, "Look Momma at all the butterflies flying south for the winter." I had never noticed migrating butterflies before. But she was right. As we sat at the red light, we watched and pointed out lots of butterflies that I would've never seen without her help.

Now I always try to notice the butterflies thanks to her.

Tonight I'm so happy that I took the time to hike through the yard and see the beauty from her eyes. The sky was lovely, my daughter was beautiful, and the moment was perfect.

Thank you Laura Beth for sharing the awesomeness.

No comments: