After a long wait and a lot of work we are DONE!!
Our home is open and they actually had a baby waiting for us as soon as we were ready. He was picked up in our own county the very day we opened. And while I'm not allowed to share much about him online, I can tell you that he is precious!
The case worker brought him after dinner with a new car seat, a couple of sippy cups, diapers, and a few clothes. We loved on him for a few minutes then whisked him off to the bath.
And OH the fun! We all got wet.
We spent the evening getting to know each other and exploring the toys. He loves all toys and is very busy! He particularly liked the plastic potato from the kitchen set. It's apparent he's a ball player, which fits rather nicely into our family. He throws and even dribbles the potato soccer style!
When bedtime came around I tucked him in and prayed for him and kissed him goodnight. He was not happy about being left alone in the dark-ish room. So I went in there and cleaned up and just puttered around and as long as he could see me he was happy to lay in his bed quietly. If I had to leave, I sang or talked to him to let him know I was still close.
He slept through the night and is still asleep now at almost 9am! This kid is a DREAM!!
This is a baby that has been very well cared for and loved. Such an easy first placement. I prayed for our home to be opened at just the right time for just the right baby. And Oh, God is so good!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!!! I'm so excited for you all! God bless you all on this exciting venture!!! Love you lots!
Post a Comment