Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Appointment In Which Everything Went South

So for the last week or so I've been nursing sicklings. You might remember that we had to get check ups for our home study in the middle of FLU SEASON!!

And like I told you, I decided to make the kids wait in the car until it was their turn. So I go out to get the next three kids and my shoe caught the edge of the place where they extended the parking lot and forgot to make it level with the rest.

Well.

Right in the middle of the parking lot during FLU SEASON I went crashing to the ground in a most ungraceful way right in front of my horrified children.  And since they just finished CPR training, they rushed out of the van with the first aid kit in hand.  All except one who ran to track down my shoe that had flown off.  It was all very nice of them and they didn't even laugh.  Except Meg.  She thought the whole episode was hilarious when I texted her the picture of my skinned up knees.  And that just confirms that she IS my baby even if she looks only like her daddy.

There is really nothing funnier than watching somebody fall.  A friend of mine fell this week too.  She was walking out of the gas station with 2 drinks in her hands, tripped over the curb, WIPED OUT, and the drinks went flying under the car.  I can't even tell you how disappointed I am that I missed it!

Anyway.

My kids have been sick ever since.  And since we are crazy weird about sickness spreading we had the first sick kid move out to the garage.  This was mighty good news for him since we have a whole room built onto the back of the garage with heat, air, a big comfy couch, and all manner of games and books.  He even had his own bathroom.  He pretty much spent 2 days watching movies, reading books, eating snacks, and wishing he could be sick more often.

But it didn't work.  And soon his little brothers had it too.  They are not quite old enough to be trusted with garage privileges yet, so the whole house has been subjected to lots and lots of coughing with some fever and snotty noses.  And just when they were starting to get over it, their sister caught it.

So there's been lots of orange juice, naps, oreganol and cough syrup.  And one of the worst parts is that we've missed everything fun since the Appointment In Which Everything Went South.  No church. No piano. No football. No school.

And since round 2 is just beginning, I'm thinking the garage is looking pretty comfy!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love reading your blog, Sandy. :) I just caught up on all your news...so congrats to Christian, yay for foster parenting!, and I hope everyone feels better soon! Jackson had the flu and was sick as a dog for 3 days. He couldn't even get out of bed. He still doesn't have much of a voice 2 weeks later. But MIRACULOUSLY no one else got it! Not sure if it was the essential oils I slathering on everyone's necks or power smoothies or just dumb luck, but I was thankful!

p.s. I think people falling is HILARIOUS too. :)

TaggTroop said...

So good to hear from you Amanda! Glad no one else got sick. I hate cold and flu season! Let's chat soon.

~Sandy