Saturday, January 17, 2015

Goodbye Gram

This week we said goodbye to our sweet Gram.

Gram came into our lives about 9 years ago and I just don't know how we lived without her before that.  She was always ready to listen to a little Tagg rattle on and on about whatever.  That's one of the things my kids loved about her most.  She was interested in them and made them feel special by her attention.

Mally especially loved talking to Gram and has had a harder time with the fact that she is gone.   Tonight she just started crying spontaneously about Gram.  And I understand.  So I asked Meg if she was up for one more sister to sleepover since the other 2 were going over.  Spending the night with Meg is a big deal and sure to make her feel a little better.   Gram loved Mallory and some of her last words were about her.

Christmas was especially wonderful this year because Gram was feeling so great.  And I think all my kids mentioned to me that they felt like they got to spend a lot of time with her this year.  It was one of my favorite parts of the TX visit.  Gram had me unpack her chest and showed me lots of quilts.  Some of them she made, some she didn't, and one that was so ugly she didn't know why it was even in there.  We looked at her jewelry and she taught me the difference between real crystal and pretty glass.

One of my favorite things about Gram was her sense of humor.  She had a quick wit and a fast come back.  Hilarious!

I am so proud of my parents for taking such good care of Gram on the good days and the bad.  They are a great example to me.

And I am especially grateful for a loving God that sent His Son to make a way for eternal life.  Someday there will be a great reunion in heaven and I can't wait to find my Gram!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

So sorry about your gram!