~Lane and I got to work at COTS (church on the streets) Saturday and meet some new friends. Like 125 or so including lots of sweet kiddos and a newborn baby girl. I do believe those will be my favorite Saturdays. I had a picture but my computer decided to delete it which is ok because it wasn't a good picture anyway so you're not missing anything. Lane took her puppet and delighted the kids.
I passed out food and held the baby and cleaned up trash....but not at the same time. ~Oh my goodness gracious. I LOVE this boy. And I think he looks terrific in his football clothes.
Game night was as much fun as my neighbor said it would be. And Y'all, the whole town was there it seemed. Did you see the video on Facebook? I've watched it like a thousand times. I have every nuance memorized. Charleston won something like 42-19 and 6 of them were Christian's points.
~We started Spanish last week and I can say 3 words. Soup, Rock, and Shoes. So I go to church and practice them on Edgar and he tells me how I say them all wrong and makes fun of my accent. But won't he be surprised next week when I pull out some impressive word like Toothbrush.
~My man planned date night this week. He cooked a fancy dinner all by himself and even included apple juice in fancy glasses.
~I won $22!! TWENTY TWO dollars!! Jes and I won the 50/50 split at bee club last night. I'm saving for a honey extractor. Only $80 more to go....I need to win more splits. Like the football one that's like $400. Jes was so excited!
Bee meeting was terrific with a whole honey extraction process set up and 3 different uncapping tools to try.
There was a smoker lesson just for me and an example of what not to do....that would be me too. I learned that there are 300 bees in 1/2 cup which is how many you need to use when doing mite testing and why first year beekeepers usually have a high failure rate. Yes, it was a great meeting.
No comments:
Post a Comment