I've been wanting to blog for days now. But have you ever had that time when you feel like God is dealing with you in all sorts of ways and it's best just to be quiet? And try to figure out life. And be nice. And at the same time, you have all this regular work to still do when really all you wanna do is sit and read and pray. A lot. That's me.
I remember saying just weeks ago to my man how content I was. With our family, our house, ministry, everything. Now I'm wondering if that's a dangerous place to be. Not discontent with coveting, mind you. But maybe just complacent or even apathetic (heck, maybe just tired) even though I wouldn't have called it that at the time. God has a funny way of keeping me on the discontent side of things and pushing me further.
And while I don't have anything figured out, I do know this. I am extremely grateful. And so I thought I'd tell you about a few of those.
~My God is awesome. The Great I Am. The Door. And I am so unworthy. And so thankful to be His.
~I was getting a big head. Because lately every book I've read has been stellar. So I was fancying myself a good book picker outer. Need a good book? Ask me.
But then I realized that every single book I've read lately has been recommended by a friend. Turns out my friends are good book picker outers and I'm just a good follower. :)
I am thankful for good friends and good books.
~After a hard RA month. I have been feeling so much better for 2 days now. I can usually make 2 fists at the same time and I'm not hobbling at all. Big happy sigh...... But this is where I'm most grateful...I'm not holding this too tightly. I've been in this place before only to crash days later and be SOOOO disappointed because I was hoping and praying it would stay. For now, I'm just thankful for the strengths and abilities for this day and not concerned with what tomorrow may bring (or not bring).
~I am grateful for my church family who has taught me so much these last few years. There will be a day when every tribe, tongue, and nation will come together singing "Holy Holy Holy" and it gives me goose bumps thinking about it. Once in Colorado our church combined services with the spanish speaking church. It was probably the best service I have ever been privileged to be a part of. And it reminded me of a tiny picture of Heaven when we will be singing the same song with no barrier of language or anything else.
~My family is precious. My hard working man is out mowing and making things nice for us. My teenagers are helpful, kind, and talkative. And my younger ones keep things so much fun for all of us. My oldest is happy and sweet and has been able to spend some more time with us lately. And my little one is standing in line for the computer......
1 comment:
Share about what you've been reading! While my Kindle and nightstand are full of books I need/want to read {it is FULL, i tell you!}, I'm always looking for something new to read. Please share! ;)
Post a Comment